Top Ten Things You Didn’t Know About HW
1. My Catholic faith is the center of my life: My relationship with Christ is the most important thing to me. I pray every day and go to mass often. I used to work for the church but now that I’ve moved I volunteer. I’d be lost without my faith, and I certainly would not be where I am today.
2. I’m really smart, but like, book smart ("not street smart like me"--SL): I was valedictorian of my high school, and went to a college known for having snobby smart people. I’ve studied a ton of different things (Chemistry, Music, Psychology, Spanish, Writing) and I always got good grades. I read a ton and try to stay current with the news.
3. Social, extroverted, love being around people: I love meeting new people and being around old friends. Other people’s experiences and thoughts are so interesting to me. Is it weird that I love small talk? Like a lot? ("Kinda"—SL)
4. Head over heels in love with my husband: Ask yourself--why else would I have moved to Mississippi? (JK I actually really like MS but getting uprooted from VA was tough). My husband is hardworking, hilarious, smart, and Catholic—he’s the best.
5. I come off as chill, but I’m actually nervous; I want people to like me: I’m actually super self-conscious of what people think. It’s tough because I love being around people but sometimes I’m too nervous about what they think to even start a conversation in the first place. ("Which is backwards"—SL)
6. I’m Hardworking. I know that I’m very blessed but I worked really hard to make the best of my situation. I worked three jobs in college to make things work. I put 100% of myself into a task, for better or for worse.
7. Humor is super important to me: LOL, so now is the wrong time to tell me you don’t think I’m funny (jk). Whatever I’m doing I try to make people laugh--it makes people feel more comfortable.
8. Creative: I love to write. I write short stories and I’m working on a novel. I love to read, too, it helps me develop new ideas. I love music—I listen to it all the time (and yes, I’m a hipster, I have a record player ["wtf"—SL]). I also love cooking—but I like being creative with recipes and making things up.
9. Will help people whenever I can: I am so blessed by all the people that have helped me over the years, people that have strengthened my faith, given me a house when I was homeless (just wait until you hear that story), comforted me when I was struggling, and I work really hard to give back.
10. Like to be in control I’m super organized and hate when something doesn’t go according to plan (thus, the Navy is a nightmare). I also struggle with things out of my comfort zone. It takes me forever to convince myself to try something new. ("I like to be in control too. Aww shit"—SL)